Selling your home involves much more than just placing a "For Sale" sign in your yard and going to the closing. As a REALTOR®, we are here to help you prepare your home for sale, market your home, and guide you through the sale process to ensure you sell your home within your time frame and get the best price possible.
As your REALTOR®, we will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your home more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Review the selling process--without the technical jargon
- Perform a comparative market analysis
- Determine the list and target prices
- Market your property
- Keep communication open
- Present the purchase agreement
Factors That Affect Your Home's Sale
There are three main factors that determine how marketable your home is--PRICE, CONDITON & LOCATION.
PRICE - Timing is extremely important. Your home has the greatest opportunity to sell when it is new to the market. Historically, your first offer is usually your best offer. Pricing your home at market value exposes it to a much greater percentage of prospective buyers. And remember, pricing your property has nothing to do with what you paid, what you need, what you want, what your neighbor says, what another agent says and what it costs to rebuild today.
CONDITION - How your home shows from the curb as well as inside will affect the sale of your home. In general, people want a move in ready home. They are not looking to make repaires or improvements.
LOCATION - Is your home in a rural setting or a subdivision? Are you in a high demand community? Do you live on a lake or do you have a mountain view? How about a golf course community? These are just a few examples that will affect the marketability of your home.
How Much Should You Ask for Your Home?
Of course you want to get the full market value for your home. The first step to getting the best price is to determine your home's value. As your REALTOR®, we can help you set an asking price by taking the following factors into consideration:
- Your home's value may depend on recent selling prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing the selling prices for such homes, the price is adjusted according to current market trends.
- Buyers most likely look in the price range determined by their monthly payment ability and down payment. Buyers are often very knowledgeable in their price range and purchase by comparison. Unreasonable asking prices are an immediate turn-off.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to bargain. However, if your asking price is outrageous, the buyer's offer will most likely also be unreasonable.
- It's necessary to offer pricing, terms and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and get the full market value.